Welcome to Baxter’s Bites Week 3 – Eye Infections
Infections of the eye or bacterial conjunctivitis are quite common, particularly in children and the elderly. The eyes usually feel sore and gritty and have a discharge, particularly on waking.
- The pharmacist can recommend antibiotic eye drops for the infection.
- Use the drops for 5 days, even if the symptoms have improved.
- The drops should not be used by anyone else and you should not use anyone else’s drops.
- If your symptoms worsen or do not improve in 48hrs, you should see your Dr.
- Infective conjunctivitis is contagious, so wash your hands after touching around the eyes
- Do not share towels or flannels.
Please follow and like us: