Moving People & Moving and Handling:
This course deals specifically with handling people in the workplace, which is most relevant to Nursing and Healthcare workers and providers.The course focuses on how to minimise handling and lifting and includes guidance, theory, practical and risk assessing the use of handling aids and moving people.
Assisting with compliance of the Care Certificate, theory and practical training requirements developed jointly by Skills for Care, Health Education England and Skills for Health, meeting with regulatory and inspecting body training requirements.
- Move and handle people in a way that requires the least amount of effort
- Move and handle people in a way that provides greater comfort and dignity to the patient or resident
- Understand manual handling legislation as it applies to Healthcare
- Gain a better understanding of spinal mechanics
- Look after your own back and that of patients/residents
- Conduct a personal risk assessment for patients/residents
- Safely move people with and without the use of specialist equipment
- Manual Handling Responsibilities and the Law
- Anatomy of the Spine and Types of Injuries
- Biomechanics and Ergonomics
- Safe Lifting Techniques – L.I.T.E
- Lifting Objects
- Key Elements of People Moving
- Risks and Controls related to People Moving
- People Moving – Risk Assessments/ Personal Plan
- People Moving Equipment
- People Moving – Controversial Techniques
- People Moving – Good Techniques
- Practical Sessions and Assessments in People Moving using modern equipment
At the end of the training course, you will have the competence to provide correct people handling techniques so that risks are reduced to yourself and patients/residents.
To book on this course or ask about group discounts please contact us on 01253 987644